Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Tables > Manipulating Shapes and Lines in an Entity Relationship Designer >
Adding an Extension Column to a Base Table
This topic describes how to add an extension column to a base table. For more information, see Guidelines for Adding an Extension Column to a Base Table.
CAUTION: Be extremely careful if you use a custom extension column to track a foreign key. If you use this technique, then it is recommended that you consult with Oracle concerning the visibility rules that Siebel CRM applies to the foreign key table. To use Enterprise Integration Manager to load values into the column, you must set the Foreign Key Table Name property to NULL for that column. For information on creating a foreign key mapping for Enterprise Integration Manager, see About Interface Tables.
To add an extension column to a base table
- In the Object Explorer, click Table.
- In the Tables list, choose the table to which you must add an extension column.
- Make sure the Type property for the table is not Data (Private).
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Table tree, and then click Columns.
- In the Columns list, add a new record.
- Apply the changes to your local database.
For more information, see Applying a Custom Table to the Local Database.