Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Tables > Manipulating Shapes and Lines in an Entity Relationship Designer >
Downloading a Data Layer Customization to Remote Users
After you check in extensions to your server database and apply the physical database, you can download the schema changes to remote users.
To download a data layer customization to remote users
- Make sure all remote users perform a full synchronization.
- If you use Siebel Anywhere, then do the following:
- Create an Upgrade Kit on your Server database that includes the Siebel Database Schema as the upgrade kit component.
For more information, see Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide.
- Click Activate on the Upgrade Kits View to make the upgrade kit available.
- If you do not use Siebel Anywhere, then do the following:
- Log in to Siebel Tools while connected to the server database.
- In the Object Explorer, click Table.
- In the Tables list, locate the table that includes your customization.
- In the Tables list, click Activate.
Siebel Tools increases the version of the custom database schema and prepares the upgrade of the remote client.
- To regenerate the template local database, run gennewdb.
For more information, see Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.
- Reextract remote clients.
Each remote client must reinitialize the local database with the extracted data. This procedure differs depending on if you use Siebel Anywhere.
- If you use Siebel Anywhere, then click Distribute in the Upgrade Configurations View.
This step makes the new custom schema version available for a schema upgrade. You must manually set the Required flag. For more information, see Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide.
- If you do not use Siebel Anywhere, then manually reextract and reinitialize all remote user databases.