Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring a Siebel Application > Using Development Tools and Techniques >
Overview of the Development Process
This topic describes a summary of work you perform to develop a Siebel application. Developing a Siebel application is not necessarily a serial process. During some phases, it makes sense for you to configure multiple sections of Siebel CRM concurrently. Because some tasks are iterative, such as testing and debugging, it is likely that you will modify the simplified and linear task that is described in this topic to meet development requirements for your team.
To develop a Siebel application, you do the following:
- Set up your development environment.
For example, the system and database environment and developer workstations. For more information, see Setting Up a Developer as a Remote User.
- Develop the Siebel application:
- Use Siebel Tools to modify or create the following object definitions:
- Data objects, such as tables, columns, indexes, and so forth.
- Business components and business objects.
- User interface objects. For example, applets, views, and screens.
- Modify web template files.
- Compile your Siebel application and perform unit testing.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.
- (Optional) Use the tools available to you in the Siebel development environment to define whatever assignment and workflow rules are required.
Example tools include Siebel Assignment Manager and Siebel Worklfow.
- (Optional) Use Siebel Visual Basic or Siebel eScript to customize the functionality of Siebel CRM.
- (Optional) Localize Siebel CRM if the Siebel client must display content in two or more languages. For more information, see Localizing Siebel Business Applications.
- Perform system and performance testing of your Siebel application.
- Iterate through the development steps until your design is fully implemented, and until Siebel CRM runs smoothly and meets your performance objectives.
- Introduce Siebel CRM to your users and train your users on how to use Siebel CRM.
Getting Help from Oracle
If you require help from Oracle you can create a service request (SR) on My Oracle Support. Alternatively, you can phone Global Customer Support directly to create a service request or get a status update on your current SR. Support phone numbers are listed on My Oracle Support. You can also contact your Oracle sales representative for Oracle Advanced Customer Services to request assistance from Oracle's Application Expert Services.