Configuring Siebel Business Applications > About Views, Screens, and Applications > Options to Create a View or Screen >
Options to Toggle Between Applets in a View
An applet toggle is a feature that allows the user to navigate back and forth between different applets in the same view. This feature allows you to display different types of data or display the same data in a different way. The following types of applet toggles are available:
- Static applet toggle. Allows the user to choose the name of the applet from the Show list to toggle between applets.
- Dynamic applet toggle. Automatically toggles between applets that reference the value of a field in a parent applet.
An applet toggle includes the following configurations:
- Siebel CRM applies the search specification on the form applet in the view. To create a search specification on a list applet during a toggle, you must add the search specification for the form applet. For more information, see Options to Filter Data Displayed in an Applet.
- A static toggle applet is not required to reference the same business component.
- You can define only one static applet toggle in a single view.
- A dynamic toggle applet must reference the same business component, which can be a predefined business component or a virtual business component.
- You can define more than one dynamic applet toggle in a single view.
- You can define one static applet toggle and one dynamic applet toggle in a single view.
- You can define one static applet toggle and multiple dynamic applet toggles in a single view.
CAUTION: If you define more than one static applet toggle in a single view to access multiple views, then unpredictable behavior might result. Instead, use detail views with the Parent Category property set to Detail Category. For more information, see About Screen Views.
- You cannot define multiple static applet toggles in a single view.
- You cannot create a static applet toggle and a dynamic applet toggle in the same applet.
For more information, see Example of Creating an Applet Toggle and Improving Performance When Using Applet Toggles.