Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Special-Purpose Applets > Customizing a Tree Applet >
Using the Tree Applet Wizard to Create a Tree Applet
It is recommended that you use the Tree Applet Wizard to create a new tree applet.
To use the Tree Applet Wizard to create a tree applet
- Choose the File menu, and then choose the New Object menu item.
- In the New Object Wizards dialog box, choose the Applets tab, and then choose the Tree Applet icon.
- In the General dialog box, define the following properties, and then click Next:
- Business Component
- Display Name
- In the Web Layout - General dialog box, choose the web template to use for the tree applet, and then click Next.
The following are some templates that you can use for a tree applet:
- Applet Tree
- Applet Tree 2
- Applet Tree Marketing
- In the Finish dialog box, review the information, and then click Finish.
The Tree Applet Wizard creates the tree object and sets the required properties according to the information you entered.
- Add a tree node for each applet that Siebel CRM must display in the Explorer section of the view, including the top level node.
The Tree Applet Wizard does not create child objects for the tree node. You must add a tree node for each applet that Siebel CRM must display in the Explorer section of the view, including the top level node, such as Service Requests. For more information, see Customizing a Tree Node.