Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring ActiveX Controls > Process of Creating an ActiveX Control >
Adding an ActiveX Control to an Applet
This task is a step in Process of Creating an ActiveX Control.
You use the Applet Layout Editor to add an ActiveX control to an applet.
To add an ActiveX control to an applet
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, click Applet.
- In the Applets list, locate the applet you must modify.
- Right-click the record in the Applets list, and then choose Edit Web Layout.
- Drag and then drop the ActiveX icon from the Palette to a placeholder in the web template.
Siebel Tools displays the Insert ActiveX Control dialog box. This dialog box lists the ActiveX controls that are currently registered on your computer.
- In the Insert ActiveX Control dialog box, choose the desired ActiveX control and then click OK.
Siebel Tools replaces the placeholder with the ActiveX control.
- Set the Class property of the control to the name of the class that you created in Step 6.
The default properties of the ActiveX control are defined as control user properties.