Configuring Siebel Business Applications > About Tables and Columns > About Siebel Tables >
Overview of Siebel Tables
The object definition of a Siebel table is a logical representation in the Siebel repository of the physical table that resides in the underlying RDBMS. Note the following:
- You can use an extension table to customize the data objects layer.
- You can use an extension column on a base table.
- You cannot add a new base table, delete a base table or column, or modify the properties of a base column.
Siebel CRM uses the term base table to describe the following object definitions:
- The table that an extension table customizes, as defined in the Base Table property of the extension table
- The table on which a business component is built, as defined in the Table property of the business component.