Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Improving the Performance of Siebel Business Applications > Using the Case Insensitivity Wizard to Improve Query Performance >
Other Techniques to Set Case Sensitivity
This topic describes other techniques you can use to set case sensitivity.
Using the Configuration File to Set the Case Sensitivity of Queries
You can configure queries to be case sensitive or case insensitive. However, this configuration does not apply to DTYPE_ID fields because these fields always conduct case sensitive searches.
To configure queries to be case sensitive or case insensitive
- Use one of the following values to set the Default Sensitivity parameter in the configuration file:
- Set Default Sensitivity to TRUE for case sensitive queries.
- Set Default Sensitivity to FALSE for case insensitive queries.
Using the ForceCase Property of a Field to Force Case Sensitivity
You can use the ForceCase property of a business component field to force case sensitivity. If the user steps off the record, then Siebel CRM applies the case that is defined in the ForceCase property. If the ForceCase property contains no value, then the text remains in the same case in which the user entered the text.
To use the ForceCase property of a field to force case sensitivity
- Set the ForceCase property of a business component field to one of the following values:
- Upper to force the text to all uppercase
- Lower to force the text to all lowercase
- FirstUpper to force the first letter of each word to uppercase