Siebel Correspondence, Proposals, and Presentations Guide > Proposals >
System Requirements for Siebel Proposals
Certain system requirements must be met to use Siebel Proposals. For information about the Documentation Server and other software that is required for Siebel Proposals, see Document Server.
System Requirements for the Siebel Web Client
Before you can use Siebel Proposals, you must meet the system requirements for the Siebel Web Client.
To meet the system requirements for the Siebel Web Client
- Install on the server, such as a Siebel Server and a Web Server, all of the components that are required to use the Siebel application.
- Install the Document Server on one or more Windows computers.
- Install Microsoft Office on the Document Server computer.
NOTE: If you deploy the Siebel Server in UNIX and want to use Siebel Proposals, a separate Windows computer is required for the Document Server.
Siebel Proposals uses the Document Server. The Document Server is a component of the Siebel Server that lets users on the Web work with Microsoft Word documents that are on the server. For more information about installing the components required to use the Siebel application, see Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using.
Before employees or partners can use Siebel Proposals, they must have the following:
- A Web browser to use the application. For information about the Web browsers that Siebel applications support, see Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network.
- (Optional) Microsoft Office to edit proposals.
System Requirements for the Siebel Remote Web Client
Siebel Proposals is available for the Siebel Remote Web Client and the Siebel Web Client. The user interface for Proposals is identical in the Siebel Remote Web Client and the Siebel Web Client.
Siebel Remote Web Client processes requests to generate proposals locally so that field sales representatives can generate proposals while traveling. To run Siebel Proposals on the Siebel Remote Web Client, Microsoft Office must be installed on the same computer as the Siebel Remote Web Client.