Siebel Data Quality Administration Guide > Configuring Siebel Data Quality > Mapping of Vendor Fields to Business Component Fields >
Mapping Data Cleansing Vendor Fields to Siebel Business Component Fields
Data cleansing is triggered when a record is saved after a field that is defined as an active data cleansing field is updated. Default settings are preconfigured for the Account, Contact, and Prospect business components to support integration to ODQ Matching Server (IIR), but you can configure the mappings to your requirements or to support integration to other vendors.
NOTE: For Siebel Industry Applications, the CUT Address business component is enabled for data cleansing rather than the Business Address business component.
For example the following are active data cleansing fields for the Contact business component:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Job Title
TIP: Only fields that are preconfigured as data cleansing fields in the vendor properties trigger real-time data cleansing when they are modified.
To map a data cleansing vendor field to a Siebel CRM business component field
- Navigate to the Administration - Data Quality screen, then the Third Party Administration view.
- In the Vendor List, select the record for the required vendor.
- Click the BC Vendor Field Mapping view tab.
- In the BC Operation list, select the record for the required business component and Data Cleansing operation.
The field mappings are displayed in the Field Mapping list.
- In the Field Mapping list enter the required values for Business Component Field and Mapped Field.