Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Getting Started with Siebel Tools > The Configuration Process >
Checking Out Projects from the Server
You typically do your configuration work in a local database, checking out object definitions (projects) from the development server as needed. For an overview of the development environment, read About the Local Development Environment.
To check out a project
- In Siebel Tools, choose Tools > Check Out.
The Check Out dialog box appears, as shown in the following illustration.
- Make sure you have selected the correct repository.
The default value is Siebel Repository.
- Select the project or projects to check out.
- Click Options.
The Development Tools Options window appears, with the Check In/Out tab active, as shown in the following illustration.
- In the Development Tools Options window, make sure the Server and Client data sources are specified correctly.
- Close the Development Tools Options window.
The Check Out dialog box appears.
- In the Check Out dialog box, click Check Out.
CAUTION: Password encryption must be disabled when checking projects in and out. You disable password encryption in the Tools configuration file (tools.cfg).