Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Deploying the Application >
Migrating Data from the Test Environment to Production
After completing your testing, you are ready to move data from the test environment to the production environment.
The data you must move includes the following:
- Tools configurations, including schema changes. Use the Repository Migration Utility to move the latest Tools configuration from your test environment to your production environment. The procedure is the same as the one you followed in moving configurations from development to test. Refer to the instructions in Migrating to the Test Environment.
- Modified files, such as SRF files, Web templates, image files, and cascading style sheets. You must copy any changes you made to Web templates and related files, as described in Migrating to the Test Environment.
- Transactional data, such as accounts, contacts, opportunities, and so on. You have a snapshot of this data in your test environment, after having completed an EIM import. However, this snapshot may by now be out-of-date, as updates may have continued to be made to the data in your legacy application. Therefore, rather than copying this user data from test to production, do another EIM import from your legacy application—but this time directly into your production environment. For more information about EIM imports, read Using EIM to Load Data Into the Test Environment and Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager Administration Guide.
- Setup data, such as employees, positions, responsibilities, and so on. You must copy this information from either your test environment or your legacy application to your production environment.
- Program data, specifically Assignment Manager rules and Workflow processes and policies, and Personalization rules and expressions. You must copy this information from your test environment to your production environment.
This chapter gives instructions for the last two items—migrating setup data and program data from test to production.