Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Personalization >
Using the Expression Designer
Use the Expression Designer to write personalization rules without having to learn Siebel Query Language. It provides you with a drag-and-drop interface and helps you validate syntax of the expression. This procedure guides you through the steps for creating the Include Expression defined in Step 3. This procedure is an alternative to typing the expression directly into the Include Expression field.
To write a personalization rule using the Personalization Business Rules Designer
- Click the select button in the Include Expression field.
The Expression Designer appears as shown in the following illustration.
- Choose Business Component Fields from Categories, <All> from Subcategories, and Zip Code from Elements, and then click Add Element.
The Expression box displays [ZIP Code].
- Place the cursor after [ZIP Code] in the Expression box.
- Click = in the Quick bar.
The Expression box displays [ZIP Code]=.
- Place the cursor after =.
- Choose Me Profile Attributes from Categories, Show as String from Subcategories, Me.Org.Postal.Code from Elements, and then click Add Element.
The Expression box displays the completed rule as shown in the following illustration.
[ZIP Code] = GetProfileAttr('Me.Org.Postal Code')
- Click Save to validate the rule.
The Expression Designer closes and the expression is displayed in the Include Expression field of the Applet Rules More Info form.