Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Required Application Administration Tasks > Setting Up Users >
Associating Responsibilities with a User
When you are first implementing your Siebel application, you define responsibilities, as described in Defining Responsibilities. After you have defined responsibilities, you assign them to users as described in Setting Up Users. Using this process you can assign user responsibilities at the same time as you enter other user information.
After your initial implementation, you may work directly from the Responsibility view, or you may continue to work from the Employee view to change or add associations between users and their responsibilities.
To associate a user with a responsibility
- From the application-level menu, choose Site Map > Administration - Application > Responsibilities.
The Responsibility view appears.
- Select a responsibility to assign to a user.
- Select the User list applet.
- Click the menu button and then choose Edit > Add New Record.
- Select one or more employees from the Add Employees dialog box, and then click Add.
The added employees now have access to the views listed in the Views applet.