Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Setting Up a Developer's Local Database >
Extracting the Local Database
The Database Extract server component extracts data from the server database for each mobile user and temporarily store it in a compressed file. The data in this file is used to populate the user's local database during the database initialization process.
NOTE: The mobile user must have a valid position in the organization's reporting hierarchy for the database extract to be successful. For more information about positions and organizations, read Siebel Applications Administration Guide.
For detailed information about Siebel Remote, read Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.
To run a database extract for a Mobile Web Client
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Server Management > Jobs.
- In the Jobs list, click New.
- In the Component/Job field, select Database Extract from the picklist.
- In the Requested Server field, enter the name of the server on which to run the Database Extract job.
NOTE: After the job completes, the read-only Execution Server field displays the name of the server that ran the job. For a Database Extract Job, this is the same as the Requested Server.
- In the Job Parameters list, which is located below the Jobs list and the Job Detail form, click New and add the necessary parameters.
The required parameter for Database Extract is Client Name.
The value for the Client Name parameter is the name of the Mobile Web Client.
- In the Jobs list, with the Database Extract record still selected, click Start.
The Mobile Web Client database is extracted. This may take a few minutes.