Transports and Interfaces: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > EAI HTTP Transport > Using the EAI HTTP Transport for Inbound Integration >
Preparing to Use the EAI HTTP Transport for Inbound Integration
To use the EAI HTTP Transport for inbound integration, you must perform certain tasks that are not required when using the EAI HTTP Transport for outbound integration:
- Install and configure the Siebel Web Server, Siebel Gateway Name Server, and Siebel Server.
- Start the Siebel Web Server, Siebel Gateway Name Server, and Siebel Server.
- Start the Siebel Web Engine (SWE) to be able to use the EAI HTTP Transport.
- Configure SWE to run the EAI HTTP Transport for inbound integration. See Specifying HTTP Parameters for Inbound Integration.
- Set certain configuration parameters for whatever Siebel Server you are using.
The server component you are running must be a Client Application Manager component. Set this in the configuration file for the server component of your choice, or use named subsystems.
NOTE: You can type
/start.swe in a Web browser on any computer that has connectivity to the Web server to check the connectivity between the URL-issuing (for the EAI HTTP Transport) machine and SWE. This URL brings up the login page of the Siebel application corresponding to the ObjectManager_lang parameter, confirming the connectivity between SWE and the URL-issuing machines.