Transports and Interfaces: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > EAI JMS Transport >
Enabling Authentication and Authorization for the EAI JMS Transport
Authentication and authorization can be configured on JMS servers to protect JMS destinations. Oracle supports the following scenarios for use in the Siebel application:
- Require username and password to perform a JNDI lookup.
- Require username and password to create connections to the JMS server.
- Require username and password to send, receive, publish, subscribe from, or subscribe to JMS destinations that have the authorization enforced by a JMS server.
The responsibility of the Siebel EAI JMS Transport business service as a JMS client is twofold:
- Provides configuration mechanism and read credentials from the Siebel application configuration file.
- Establishes proper security context for executing privileged operations.
The following authentication and authorization topics are also discussed: