Transports and Interfaces: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Integrating Siebel Business Applications with Java Applications > About the Siebel Code Generator >
Invoking the Siebel Code Generator
This section describes how to invoke the Siebel Code Generator to create JavaBeans for either a Siebel business service or a Siebel integration object.
To invoke the Siebel Code Generator
- Start Siebel Tools.
NOTE: For information on how to use Siebel Tools, consult Using Siebel Tools.
- Select Business Service (or Integration Object) from the Types tab on the Object Explorer.
NOTE: If Integration Object is not present, add it by checking Integration Object on the Object Explorer tab of the Development Tools Options window opened by selecting View >Options.
- Select the desired business service (or integration object), as shown in the following illustration for an integration object.
On the right top corner of the Integration Object list, there is a set of three buttons. The following illustration shows the Sample Account integration object highlighted.
- Click Generate Code.
- Complete the Code Generator wizard:
- Leave the business service as is (there is only one available: the Siebel Code Generator).
- Select either Java(JDB) (Java Data Bean) or Java(JCA) (Java EE Connector Architecture/Siebel Resource Adapter) for the Supported Language.
- Browse to select an existing folder as the output folder. Your Java code for the selected business services or integration objects is stored in subdirectories there, as explained next.
- Click Finish.
The code is generated and the wizard closes, returning you to the Business Service or Integration Object form.