Siebel Events Management Guide > Defining an Event > End-User Setup Procedures for Defining an Event >
Adding Event Activities
An activity in Events Management is an action item, such as creating collaterals, that needs to be assigned and completed prior to the start of an event. You enter these action items using the Activities view tab in Siebel Events Management.
CAUTION: Some view tabs have names that closely resemble typical event action items, but which are, in fact, reserved for the products of action items. For example, the Collateral view tab is where collateral, a product, is stored after an individual creates collateral, an action. Use the Activities view to list action items such as creating collateral and to assign them to specific individuals.
During this phase of event management, you enter activities for the event. Then, during the next phase of event management, event preparation, you assign the activities to specific staff members, and track activity progress.
When entering activities, you can enter records individually for each event, or you can create a reusable activity template, which automatically associates a set of activities with any event you choose.
You can also combine individual activities with activities from an activity template. If some activities in an activity template do not apply to an individual event, you can remove them from the event without affecting the template.
The following procedure describes how to create a reusable activity template for an event.
To create an Activity Template for an event
- Navigate to the Site Map > Administration - Data > Activity Templates view.
- In the Activity Templates list, create a new record.
- In the Name field, provide a name for the activity.
- In the Type field, select Event Management.
- Leave the Sales Stage and Sale Method fields blank, because they do not apply to Siebel Events Management activities.
NOTE: Finance customers, be sure to select the Automatic Trigger check box to automatically generate an activity list when the template is associated with an event.
- Click the Activity Templates Details view tab.
- In the Activity Template Details list, create a new record.
NOTE: Create a new activity for each activity associated with the activity template.
For information on creating activity templates, see Siebel Applications Administration Guide.
To associate an Activity Template with an event
- Navigate to the Site Map > Events > Event view.
- From the visibility filter, select All Events.
- In the Events list, select and drill down on the Event Plan Name.
- Click the Schedule view tab, and then click Events.
- Click the Plan view tab, and then click Activity Plans.
- In the Activity Plans list, create a new record.
- In the Template field, choose a predefined template from the drop-down list.
- Complete other fields as needed.
- Click the Activities link.
- In the Activities list, drill down on the Type field to edit details of that activity.
The display changes from the Events screen to the Activities screen, and an Activity form and an Attachments list are displayed.
The following procedure describes how to add an individual activity to an event.
To add an activity to an event
- Navigate to the Site Map > Events >Event view.
- In the Events list, select and drill down on the Event Name.
- Click the Plan view tab and then click Activities.
- In the Activities list, create a new record, and complete the necessary fields.
A modified list of activities appears.
For more information on working with activities, see Siebel Applications Administration Guide.