Siebel Events Management Guide > Preparing for an Event >
Business Scenario for Preparing for an Event
This scenario provides an example of a process flow performed by an event planner. Your company may follow a different process flow according to its business requirements.
NOTE: This scenario continues the example from Business Scenarios for Defining an Event,
At this stage, the event planner has defined several tracks for the event. Now, the event planner completes the following track management tasks:
- Identifying the sessions that make up each of these tracks and associates the sessions with their respective track
- Associating related tracks with one another
Next, the event planner completes the following activity management tasks:
- Adding staff to events and sessions
- Assigning event staff members to various activities, and then monitoring the progress of those activities
Concurrent with the activity management tasks, the event planner completes the following information preparation tasks:
- Adding sessions to events
- Confirming that there are no unintentional gaps or overlaps in the timing of sessions, by viewing session schedules
- Adding speakers to sessions
- Publishing event information to a Web site
- Preparing event collaterals and adds specific collateral to the appropriate events and sessions
Next, the event planner completes the following site preparation tasks:
- Choosing a venue and enters room information
- Adding information about the equipment available in an event venue room
- Entering a location for a event venue.
- Because the location is a hotel where special rates are available for event attendees, the event planner also associates the venue rate codes with the event.
- After entering the venue and its rate codes, she can enter venue billing information.
- After entering locations as event venues and having entered rooms associated with those locations, she assigns specific rooms to individual sessions within the event.
These are just some of the many tasks that the event planner performs to prepare for an event. Other preparation tasks include associating partner organizations and vendors with events or sessions, recording billing parameters for event vendors, entering vendor discounts and other special rate codes, and attaching files to events.