Siebel Field Service Guide > Business Service Methods Reference for Field Service > Dispatch Board >
GetCalculatedDistanceVals is the API that calculates the distance between the selected activity location and the employee location, and outputs a list of <Employee Id, Distance Value> pairs.
The FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet calls this method, which then calls CalculateFromToAddress and subsequently, CalculateDistanceVals.
The method performs the following tasks:
- Determines the location and starting time of the new activity.
- Determines the location of the employee by:
- Identifying the employee's activity whose end time is closest to the start time of the new activity
- Identifying the location of this activity
- If no such activities are found, the method chooses the employee's default location. The address ID is defined in the Start Shift Location Field Name business service user property.
- Calculates the linear distance between the two locations using the addresses of the unscheduled activity and the employee location.
The distance value of -1 is displayed if the method lacks sufficient valid address information to calculate a distance.