Siebel Field Service Guide > Business Service Methods Reference for Field Service > Entitlements >
FS Create Entitlement Business Service
The Field Service Create Entitlement business service is used in the process of entitlement creation. See Workflow to Automatically Create Entitlements from an Entitlement Template for more information on how the business service methods are used within the workflow process.
This business service includes the following methods:
Entitlement Creation Process Flow
The FS Create Entitlement business service performs the following steps when the user clicks the Auto Entitlement button and the FS - Create Entitlement workflow process begins:
- Checks whether the agreement is valid.
- Retrieves the appropriate business components.
- Retrieves the details for each agreement line item.
- If the agreement Product ID is not empty, the business service retrieves the entitlement templates applicable to the agreement line item product.
It does this by setting the Product ID on the product entitlement template.
- For each of the product templates, the business service does the following:
- Checks to make sure the current template was not already used in generating entitlements for this particular agreement.
- Creates a new entitlement from the template.
- Copies over the entitlement service metrics, preventive maintenance, pricing, and service details.
- If the entitlement template Include Account flag is set to TRUE, it copies over the account information from the agreement and uses the settings from the template.
- If the entitlement template Include Contact flag is set to TRUE, it copies over the contact into from agreement and use the settings from the template.
- If the entitlement template Account All Contacts flag is set to TRUE, the business service copies over all the contacts from the account.
- If the entitlement template Account All Products flag is set to TRUE, the business service copies over all the products from the account and adds them to the entitlement with the corresponding asset number.
- If the entitlement template Contact All Products flag is set to TRUE, the business service copies over all the products associated with the contact. This includes the asset IDs, and so on.
See Configuring Auto-Entitlement for Quotes and Orders for more information.