Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board > Process of Assigning Activities >
Assigning Field Service Engineers for Activities (End User)
This task is a step in Process of Assigning Activities.
After creating activities and activity plans, local dispatchers familiar with their territory and employees can assign and schedule activities manually. This can be done using one of the following screens:
Assigning Field Service Engineers from the Service Screen
Perform the following procedure to assign and schedule engineers from the Service screen.
To assign and schedule field service engineers from the Service screen
- Navigate to the Service screen > Service Request List view.
- Drill down on the SR # field for a selected service request and click the Activities view tab.
- Drill down on the Status field for the selected activity you want to schedule.
The Dispatch Board screen appears. The unscheduled activity is listed below the Gantt chart. The Gantt chart displays employee names and their scheduled activities, if any.
NOTE: The Gantt chart displays only employees pertaining to a selected service region or a service region hierarchy.
- If no names are listed in the Gantt chart, select a service region for the activity in the Unscheduled Activities list, and drag and drop the activity onto the Gantt chart.
Assigning Field Service Engineers with Assignment Manager
Perform the following procedure to assign engineers from the Activities screen.
To assign field service engineers with Assignment Manager
- Navigate to the Activities screen > Activities List view.
- Drill down on the Type field for a selected activity and click the More Info view tab.
- Click the menu button and choose Assign.
A dialog box appears with names of field service employees ranked in order of preference.
The suggested assignments are based on a variety of criteria including workload and skills, which are set up using the Assignment Manager. For instructions on configuring the Assignment Manager, see Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide.
- Select the employee assigned to perform this activity and click OK.
Assigning Field Service Engineers with the Dispatch Board
Perform the following procedure to assign and schedule engineers from the Dispatch Board screen. See About Using the Dispatch Board Gantt Chart to Assign Activities for more information.
NOTE: Users can also invoke Contract Scheduling from the Dispatch Board's Unscheduled Activities view by using the Insert Activity button. See Running Contract Scheduling (End User) for more information.
To assign and schedule field service engineers with the Dispatch Board
- Navigate to the Dispatch Board screen.
The Gantt chart appears.
- In the Unscheduled Activities view, select an activity.
NOTE: To assign an activity, it must have a type.
- Drag and drop the selected activity onto a field service engineer's schedule in the Gantt chart.
The activity appears as a horizontal bar. Holding the cursor over this bar displays a pop-up window, which provides a description of the activity.
- To remove an activity, drag it back to the Drag/Drop column in the Unscheduled Activities view.