Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board > Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board >
Setting Up Dispatcher Users
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board.
Field Service provides responsibilities for employees, showing only the views needed to complete their job. There is a responsibility for a dispatcher, who can assign activities to service engineers. See Siebel Applications Administration Guide for more information about responsibilities and visibility.
To add a user with the responsibility of a dispatcher
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen > Responsibilities view.
- In the Responsibilities list, select the Dispatcher record. If this record is not in the list, create a new record with the responsibility of Dispatcher.
- To add the name of the employee who will take the Dispatcher's role, add a new record on the Users list.
- In the Views list, make sure that the selected user has access to the following views:
- FS AxGanttChart View
- FS AxGanttChart Declined View
- FS AxGanttChart Timed Out View
- FS AxGanttChart Not Acknowledged View