Siebel Field Service Guide > Fulfillment > Setting Up and Configuring Order Fulfillment >
Setting Up the Fulfillment and Part Locator Engines
Follow these procedures to set up the Fulfillment and Part Locator Engines.
To set the component job parameters for the Fulfillment and Part Locator Engines
- Insert or edit a component job for one of the following server components:
- Service Order Fulfillment Engine
- Service Order Part Locator Engine
- Add or modify the server component parameters as needed.
For information about server components and component parameters, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
For information about synchronous and asynchronous processing, see Siebel Application Services Interface Reference.
CAUTION: In synchronous processing, the client screen can lock. Consequently, the user sees a blank screen.
To set asynchronous or synchronous operation of the Fulfillment and Part Locator Engines
- From the application-level menu, choose Tools > User Preferences.
The User Preferences screen appears.
- On the link bar, click Service.
The Field Service form appears.
- In the Asynchronous Fulfillment of section, do one of the following:
- To set asynchronous operation, select Orders.
- To set synchronous operation, clear Orders.