Siebel Field Service Guide > Service Inventory > Setting Up Service Inventory >
Defining Products for Field Service
Before you set up an inventory system, you must define the products that the inventory system will track. For more information on defining products, see Siebel Product Administration Guide.
To specify an asset for a product
- Navigate to the Assets screen.
- Add a new record and complete the fields as appropriate.
To specify allocation of products
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen > Products view.
- Select a product, and then drill down on the Product field.
- Click the Product Service Details link in the link bar, and then select the desired allocation modes: Auto Allocate, Auto Substitute, or Allocate Below Safety.
For more information, see Product Service Details View.
CAUTION: If you change the Allocate Below Safety, Auto Allocate, or Auto Substitute flags, you must restart the Parts Locator and Fulfillment Server components. (You do not need to restart the entire server.) If you do not restart these components, the system will not reset the product attribute settings in the Part Locator Engine and the Fulfillment Engine. For information about how to restart server components, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
- In the Inventory Options subview, add records for each type of inventory location from which this product may be allocated. Complete the fields as appropriate.
This subview inherits Allocate Below Safety, Auto Allocate, and Auto Substitute values from the More Info view.
For information about cycle counting, see Configuration of the Cycle Counting Engine.