Siebel Field Service Guide > Charges and Invoices > Processes for Setting Up Invoicing >
Process for Setting Up Auto-Invoice
You can use the Auto-Invoice feature to quickly generate invoices for service requests and activities.
To set up Auto-Invoice
- Specify a price list for all of the product items determined as billable for an activity. The products must be listed as line items in the selected price list (Pricing screen > Price Lists view > Price List Line Items subview).
- Ensure that there is a rate list line item for each type of resource (also known as a billing product; for example, a field engineer) used for an activity. The activities rate list is specified in the Activities screen > More Info view. In the Pricing screen > Rate List view > Rate List Line Items subview, the resource, rates, and markups are defined.
- Ensure that the rate types (in the Type field) are identified for billable expenses and labor (Activities screen > Expense Tracker view and Time Tracker view).
- Ensure that each user has a position that is associated with a billing product (Administration - Group screen > Positions view, Billing Product field).
- Ensure that Activities have price and rate lists defined, and that Orders have a price list defined. Auto-invoicing uses these lists to determine the total amount billed to a customer.