Siebel Field Service Guide > Overview of Field Service > Siebel Professional Services Automation >
Field Service Engines
Siebel Field Service provides the following automated functions:
- Renewal Engine. Automatically renews agreement line items.
- Charge Engine. Automatically creates charges. These charges can then be consolidated using the Charge Consolidation Engine.
- Charge Consolidation Engine. Automatically generates invoices, based on defined charge consolidation plans.
- Fulfillment Engine. Analyzes orders, locates parts for each line item, returns the located parts (products or substitute products) to the user, allocates parts, and generates pick tickets.
- Part Locator Engine. Analyzes orders, locates parts for each line item, and returns the located parts (products or substitute products) to the user. The user can manually allocate these parts and generate the pick tickets.
- Replenishment Engine. Selects source and target inventories when restocking is needed and generates the orders required to obtain materials from an external provider, an internal inventory site, or an internal manufacturing facility.
- Cycle Counting Engine. Generates cycle counting orders (parts lists).
- Preventive Maintenance Engine. Generates service requests for the maintenance of assets, based on predefined triggers.
- Mobile Inventory Transaction Engine. Generates inventory and asset transactions when a field service engineer reports part movements in the field.
To facilitate configuration, maintenance, and multilanguage support, these components are implemented as business services. For information about business services, see the chapter on business services in Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration. For information about setting logging levels for these engines, see Engines Logging Levels.