Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using Scheduling > Creating Constraint Sets for Scheduling >
Defining Constraint Sets
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Scheduling.
Constraint sets provide the basic definition of a predefined set of constraints that a service region uses for running the Optimizer. A constraint set is associated with a constraint set in the Administration - Scheduling > Service Region List view. See Creating Service Regions for more information.
To define constraint sets
- Navigate to the Administration - Scheduling screen > Constraint Sets view.
- Create a new record and complete the field as appropriate.
- Scroll down to the Constraints list.
- Create a new record, selecting a predefined constraint from the Add Constraint dialog box that appears.
- Enter a start and end date for the constraint if applicable.
To view the service regions associated with a constraint set
- Navigate to the Administration - Scheduling screen > Constraints Sets view.
- Select a record in the Constraint Sets list.
- Click the Service Regions view tab.
The Service Regions view contains read-only records listing the service regions that use a constraint set.