Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using Scheduling >
Process of Scheduling Activities
The following list shows the procedures that end users typically perform to use scheduling within Siebel Field Service. Your company may follow a different process according to its business requirements.
To schedule activities, perform the following tasks:
- Add required schedule information to the activity record. See Adding Schedule Information for Activities (End User) for more information.
NOTE: You must add the schedule information before booking appointments because this information is used by the ABS and the Optimizer when running.
- Select the appropriate appointments for the activities. See Booking Activity Appointments (End User).
- Lock any assignments or schedules that should not change. See Locking Schedules and Assignments (End User) for more information.
- Make sure that schedules are optimized as required. See Optimizing Schedules (End User) for more information.
- Use the Optimizer's Contract Scheduling feature if required. See Running Contract Scheduling (End User) for more information.