Siebel Field Service Guide > Service Support > Setting Up Service Support >
Setting the Default Opened Date and Time for an SR
The Post Default Created Date To Date Saved user property in the Service Request business component controls the behavior of the Opened field in new service request records. For information about user properties, see Using Siebel Tools.
Possible values of the Post Default Created Date To Date Saved user property are as follows:
- TRUE (Default). Sets the value of a new service request's Opened field (the creation date and time) to the date and time when the record is first saved (in other words, the moment when the record is committed to the database).
This setting can help your organization to meet its service level commitments. If a service request's Opened field displays the time and date it was opened, rather than the time and date it was first saved, then the service request will have aged by however long it takes a user to enter the service request data before a customer service representative (CSR) can see it in the system. If the system counts the time when (and not before) the service request is completed and saved, your service personnel can have the fully allotted time to respond to service requests.
For example, suppose a customer has a 24x7 entitlement with a 1-hour response time metric. This customer enters a service request in the Siebel customer application. 30 minutes elapse from the time this customer opens and begins entering a service request until the time it is completed and saved. If the Opened time is when the SR record is first created, your company's CSRs have only 30 minutes to respond. If the Opened time is when the SR record is committed to the database, they have 1 hour to respond.
This setting can, however, set the value of the Opened field later than the Last Updated field. This is because the Last Updated field's value is set when the record is created but not when it is first saved.
- FALSE. Sets the value of the Opened field on a new service request to the date and time when the record is first created. If your company's business process mandates that the time on a SR starts from when a CSR starts taking a customer call, then use this setting.
Follow these procedures to set up the default opened date and time for an SR.
To set the Post Default Created Date To Date Saved user property value
- Log into Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the appropriate project for editing.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to Business Component.
- Query for the Service Request business component.
- Navigate to Business Component > Business Component User Prop.
- Query for the Post Default Created Date To Date Saved user property.
- In the Value field, enter the desired value.