Siebel Forecasting Guide > Importing and Exporting Forecast Information >
Importing Revenue Data (End User)
End users can import modified revenue files back into the application.
To import revenue data
- Navigate to the Revenues screen > List view.
- In the Revenues list, click the menu button, and then click Import.
- In the Import dialog box, click Browse next to the Input File field to select the file you are importing.
- In the Choose File dialog box, select the file you want to import and click Open.
- In the Import dialog box, from the Input Format field, select the format you prefer: Comma Separated Text File or Tab Delimited Text File.
CAUTION: Be sure that the file you are importing has been saved in the same format you select from the Input Format field.
- In the Input Source field, select Predefined Mapping.
- From the drop-down list beneath the Input Source field, select Opportunity Revenues or Default.
NOTE: If you originally exported the revenues from the Revenues view in the Opportunities screen, select Opportunity Revenues. If you originally exported the revenues from the Revenues screen, select Default.
- In the Conflict Resolution field, select the method you prefer to use should the import encounter a conflict between records: Reject Import Record, Overwrite Existing Record, or Create Additional Record.
- Click Next:
- If the import was successful, click OK.
- If the import was unsuccessful, click Back.
NOTE: Any blank data fields you import into revenues are left unchanged in an import. If you want the blank records to be imported as 0 values then you need to replace each blank with a 0.