Siebel Forecasting Guide > Revenues >
Using a Revenue Plan (End User)
Revenue plan s are created by the forecast administrator to create recurring revenues or a particular group of revenues. Revenue plans are based on revenue plan templates, which are created and activated by the Siebel administrator, see Creating Revenue Plan Templates.
You create revenue plans in the Revenue Plans view from any screen where Revenues views are found, for example, Opportunities, Accounts, Projects, Contacts, Products, Partners, and Agreements.
You can edit the Price, Quantity, and Revenue fields for an existing revenue plan. Data updated at the parent level of the plan updates each of the child revenue items automatically, however:
- You can use the Lock field to prevent selected revenue details from being updated.
- You can use the Update All button to update each revenue record with the parent-level changes, regardless of whether the detail records are locked.
- Values entered by end users at the Revenue Plan level for quantity, price, and revenue are multiplied by the value in the Multiplier field defined by the administrator in the revenue plan template, and the results populate the detail records.
To use a revenue plan
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen > List view.
- In the Opportunities list, drill down on the opportunity you want to associate with a revenue plan, and then click the Revenue Plans view tab.
- In the Revenue Plans list, create a new record and then select a revenue plan template from the Template drop-down list.
The applicable revenue items and proposed period appear in the Revenues subview beneath the Revenue Plans list.
- (Optional) Edit the Price, Quantity, and Revenue fields for the revenue plan as required, and click the Update All button to update the revenue items.