Siebel Forecasting Guide > Common High-Level Forecast Usage Examples >
Product Quantity Forecasting
Often end users need forecasts that break down revenues according to business requirements, For example, they might want revenues grouped by Account by Product by Product Line.
The forecast must group results by Accounts, by Product Line within the accounts and by Products within product lines (three dimensions).
Administrator Usage Example
- Creates a forecast series with Quarterly summary period type and Monthly Interval period.
- Specifies simple Auto and Associated Search Specs. For example, the Auto Search Spec is set as follows:
[Calculated Primary Flag] = 'N' AND [Committed] = 'Y'
The Associated Search Spec is set as follows:
[Calculated Primary Flag] = 'N'
- Defines the aggregation dimensions as follow:
Product Line 2
- Defines Forecast Dates, at least one for each quarter.
- Defines Forecast Participants to include the managers and subordinates.
End User Revenue Example
The end user:
- Adds new opportunities with assigned accounts.
- Maintains relevant opportunity data including revenue records with product line, product, quantity, price, and calculated revenue values.
End User Forecast Example
The end user:
- Creates a new forecast based on the forecast series.
End users can use the Forecast Summary view to easily find out the forecasted revenue and quantity of the products being forecasted and sold in each quarter of the year.
- Analyzes all revenue records in the List and Tree view tabs.
- Makes adjustments for individual products, aggregated revenues for Product Lines, as well as total revenues for some Accounts.
When changing the revenue or quantity values for a particular product, the adjusted value is automatically rolled up to its parent Product Line and in turn to its immediate parent Account. The same is true for changes to the revenue/quantity values for a Product Line or Account, that is, their respective aggregated values are rolled up to their immediate parent (for example, Account rolls up to Date).
- Submits the forecast.