Siebel Forecasting Guide > Common High-Level Forecast Usage Examples >
Product Level Forecasting
Often end users need product-level forecasts for:
- Demand planning (product and quantities)
- Revenue management (price and revenue)
- Margin management (cost and margin analysis)
- Operations planning (inventory and demand)
- Product marketing decisions (product mix, discount analysis, and pricing strategies)
The forecast needs:
- To associate multiple products to one opportunity or account
- The ability to auto-quote from opportunity revenues
- Spreadsheet-like functionality to manage recurring revenue products or milestone-based product deliveries
- The ability to add product price, quantity, cost and margin
- The ability to see the product hierarchy.
Administrator Usage Example
The administrator defines a product forecast series. The Auto Forecast Search Spec is set as follows:
[Product] IS NOT NULL and [Calculated Primary Flag] = 'N'.
This search specification pulls product revenue line items that have a product indicated into the forecast.
End User Revenue Example
The end user:
- Creates a new opportunity or account.
- Associates and creates product revenue line items using the New Record command, revenue scripts, or revenue plans.
- Uses the revenue list or spreadsheet views to edit and maintain product revenues. The end user adds values in the following fields: Qty, Cost, Margin, Price, and Product Line.
- Uses revenue charts and reports to graphically display data and to perform ad hoc analysis. For example, the end user creates charts and reports one of the following parameters:
- Quantity by product line by month
- Margin by product by quarter
End User Forecast Example
The end user:
- Creates a forecast based on the product forecast series.
- In the Details view, uses the spreadsheet and chart views to evaluate and adjust product revenues.
- Uses forecast detail filters to see details by product.
- Uses charts and reports to perform analysis.
- Submits the forecast.
NOTE: To roll up total quantity, the administrator needs to expose the quantity rollup in the total forecast. This is a simple configuration procedure.