Siebel Forecasting Guide > Forecasting User Properties >
About Forecasting User Properties
The following business components are relevant to Siebel Forecasting:
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast. The business component for forecasts.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Item. Used internally by the forecast engine.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Item Detail. Used internally by the forecast engine.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Item Detail Flat. Joins both the Forecast Item and Forecast Item Detail business components to form a flat view (the Forecast Item business component usually stores the nonnumeric properties that can be shared by child details). In general, this means that new fields, and user properties referencing that field, should be added to both business components.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Item DynCol. Used to display the Forecast Details spreadsheet. Each record in the Forecast Item DynCol business component corresponds to a row in the spreadsheet, with the child forecast details forming the dynamic columns (dates). For information on the dynamic columns user properties, see Modifying Spreadsheet Applets for Forecasting.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Series. The business component for forecast series.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Series Aggregation. The business component for aggregation levels associated with forecast series.
- Forecast 2000 - Forecast Date. The business component for dates associated with forecast series.
When entering user properties or search specifications for forecast administration, make sure that the quote symbols (') are not formatted to be directional. The beginning and ending quotations should appear identical. Formatting is automatically done by some editors, for example, Microsoft Word, but such formatted quotes are not recognized by the Siebel parser.