Siebel Global Deployment Guide > Overview of Global Deployments >
About Date, Time, Number, and Currency Formatting
Siebel Business Applications support formatting of data such as dates and time, numbers, phone numbers, and currency, based on locale settings. Some examples of differing formats based on locales include:
- Date and time
- 03/10/04 (U.S. format, as mm/dd/yy)
- 10.03.04 (German format, as dd.mm.yy)
- 1,234.34 (U.S. format, with a comma as the digit grouping symbol and a period for the decimal symbol)
- 1 234,34 (French format, with a space as the digit grouping symbol and a comma for the decimal symbol)
- 1.234,34 (German format, with a period as the digit grouping symbol and a comma for the decimal symbol)
- Phone number
- +33 1-23 42 34 56 (French phone number, as shown in U.S. regional settings)
- (415) 295-5000 (U.S. phone number, as shown in U.S. regional settings)
- $32.45 (U.S. format, with U.S. dollar currency symbol in front of the amount)
- 99.40 kr (Swedish format, with Krona currency symbol behind the amount)
The handling by software of multicurrency transactions for multinational businesses includes automatic currency conversion with full euro support. Siebel Business Applications allow you to conduct currency transactions using multiple currencies, define additional currencies as needed. Currencies are converted as needed within the application, such as when rolling up forecasts.
For information about administering currency conversion, see Siebel Applications Administration Guide. For information about configuring dual-currency display, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.