Siebel Global Deployment Guide > Deploying with Global Time Zone >
Setting UTC System Preferences
UTC deployments use two system preferences, as described in About UTC System Preferences.
Generally you do not need to set the Universal Time Coordinated system preference, because it is set to TRUE by default for new deployments, and the UTC conversion utility also sets it to TRUE when it completes the conversion process.
However, for a UTC deployment, you must set the Default Time Zone system preference to the time zone that is to be used when the Time Zone field in the current user's profile is NULL. Complete the procedure in this topic to set this system preference.
For more information about upgrading historical data to UTC (in an upgrade or non-upgrade environment), see Converting Historical Data to UTC.
CAUTION: If you do not want to deploy with UTC or are not ready to do so, you must review Guidelines for UTC and Non-UTC Deployments and related topics.
To set the UTC system preferences
- Navigate to Administration - Application > System Preferences.
- Locate the Universal Time Coordinated system preference and review the value in the System Preference Value field. The default value is TRUE.
- If you are deploying with UTC, do not change the value. (Even if the value is FALSE, as for an existing non-UTC deployment, you do not need to change it, because the UTC conversion utility sets it to TRUE automatically.)
- If you are deploying without UTC, you can change the value to FALSE under limited circumstances, as outlined in Guidelines for UTC and Non-UTC Deployments.
- Locate the Default Time Zone system preference. In the System Preference Value field, enter your preferred default time zone.
For example, for a company with the majority of employees in California, you might set this system preference to (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana. The value you enter must correspond to the name of the time zone as represented in the Time Zone Administration view. For more information, see Administering Time Zones.