Siebel Sales Handheld Guide > Siebel Handheld Application Administration >
Setting the ApplicationDirectory Parameter
ApplicationDirectory is an application-level parameter that is defined in the Administration - Mobile screen. The default value for this parameter in the standard product is
hhsync\app_name, where app_name is the name of the application, such as sales or service, and so on. You can set this parameter using the following procedures.
To set the ApplicationDirectory Parameter
- Login to the Siebel Server using a user ID with a Siebel administrator responsibility.
- Navigate to the Administration - Mobile screen > Application Administration view.
- Select the appropriate application (for example, Siebel Sales for CE) from the Handheld Applications list.
- In the bottom applet, choose the Settings view tab and set the value of the ApplicationDirectory parameter to be the shared network location using a UNC format, for example, as follows:
- Save the change.
- Restart the Handheld Object Manager server component.
NOTE: The location for the ApplicationDirectory must be a networked, high performance, highly available drive. SAN or NAS with a high RAID rating is a good option for this purpose.