Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Siebel Handheld Application Administration > Process for Administering Batch Sync for Siebel Handheld Applications >
Enabling BatchSync for Siebel Handheld Applications
To split the synchronization process into several steps, you must enable the BatchSync utility for the Siebel Handheld application.
To enable Batch Synchronization
- Install the Siebel Handheld application on the handheld device. No changes are required to the setup.ini or registry files.
- Log on to the Siebel application from the Web. Ensure that the following are set up and running: Siebel Server, Handheld Synchronization components, and Batch Sync component.
- Navigate to the Administration - Mobile > Application Administration view.
- Select the application you are using, navigate to the Settings Tab, and set the following parameters to enable batch synchronization:
If set to TRUE, this parameter enables the batch synchronization functionality. Disable batch synchronization is the default
This parameter specifies the number of hours that is used to determine when a database extraction has expired. When a database extraction expires, the batch synchronization re-extracts the databases. If no value is specified, then the databases are extracted each time they are requested.
- Launch the Siebel Handheld application from the handheld device.
- Select File > Synchronize to synchronize the Siebel Handheld application with the Siebel Server.
After the synchronization process completes, the new settings are downloaded to the handheld device.
- Select File > Synchronize to synchronize the Siebel Handheld application with the Siebel Server again.
- Enter your username and password, and select Start.
- Verify that the four sync options are displayed:
- Select Full Sync, and select All to set all filters during the synchronization process.
- Launch the Siebel Handheld application from the device, and add some transaction records to the handheld device.
- Start the synchronization, select Upload Only, and select OK.
To check the status of the batch synchronization, see Reviewing Batch Synchronization Status.