Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Siebel Handheld Application Administration > Setting Up Users in Siebel Handheld Applications >
Creating Siebel Handheld Application Views
The synchronization engine for the Handheld application extracts views based on configuration (SRF) and the responsibility set up in the Application Administration view.
To configure a new view in your Handheld application, follow the list below. Knowledge of Siebel Tools is required to perform these tasks.
- Create the new view in Siebel Tools. For information on creating views, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Add that view to the Handheld application screen. For more information about adding views to screens, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Add the screen to the Handheld application, if required. For more information about adding screens to applications, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Compile the project. For more information about compiling projects, see Using Siebel Tools.
- Add the new view to the Handheld application user's responsibility. For more information about adding views to a user's responsibility, see To add a Siebel Handheld application view to a user's responsibility.
To add a Siebel Handheld application view to a user's responsibility
- Launch the Siebel Web Client application that uses the same database that the Handheld application synchronizes with.
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen > Views view.
- Add the new views.
- In the Responsibilities view, associate each view with the appropriate Handheld application responsibility.
- Add appropriate users to the responsibility.
The predefined responsibility for Siebel Service Handheld is Field Technician - Handheld.
NOTE: For more information about adding views and associating views with responsibilities, see Siebel Applications Administration Guide.