Siebel HelpDesk Guide > IT Service Management Solution Set >
Adding Request for Change Records
Request for changes can be driven from one of two scenarios, associating a request for change to a problem record or creating a request for change directly from the Change Management screen.
In the first scenario, request for changes are generated as a way to resolve a problem or known error, for example resolving the known error of an email server being unavailable.
In the second scenario, changes are created because a change is required for a business opportunity, for example a server being built or decommissioned.
NOTE: You can view all request for change (RFC) records from the Service Requests - HelpDesk view by selecting All RFCs from the Queries drop-down list.
To associate a request for change to a Problem record
- Navigate to the Service Requests screen > Service Requests - HelpDesk view.
- In the Service Requests - HelpDesk list, do one of the following:
- Select the incident associated to the problem and then click the Problem Title link.
- Query for All Problems from the Queries drop-down list.
- In the Change Title field, click the select button.
The Pick Request for Change dialog box appears.
- Select the appropriate change and click OK.