Siebel HelpDesk Guide > IT Service Management Solution Set >
Adding Request for Change Record Approvers
Change Management is linked to an approval engine, which supports the necessary approval processes required for Change Advisory Boards (CABs) and Emergency Change Advisory Boards (ECABs). HelpDesk agents can use the Approvers view to add the necessary approvers to the request for change record. The default is to have no approvers.
NOTE: You can view all request for change (RFC) records from the Service Requests - HelpDesk view by selecting All RFCs from the Queries drop-down list.
To add change users
- Navigate to the Change Management screen.
- In the Request for Change list, select the change record and click the link in the Name field.
- Click the Approvers tab, then in the Approvers list, click New.
- From the Add Approvers dialog box, select the necessary approver from the list of existing users, and then click OK.
- In the Approvers list, do one of the following:
- For sequential approvals, associate the correct sequence number for the approvals.
- For parallel approvals, make the sequence number for the parallel approvers the same number.