Siebel HelpDesk Guide > IT Service Management Solution Set >
Resolution and Recovery of Incident Records
The assignment group is responsible for the incident's resolution. The assignment group typically performs the following tasks:
- Resolves the incident.
For more information, see the procedure that follows this section.
- Opens a request for change (RFC) when the incident cannot be resolved.
For more information about request for change records, see Recording Request for Change Records Details.
- Takes recovery actions. A recovery action is a permanent solution, a workaround, or temporary fix.
For more information about recovering actions, see Change Management.
- Notifies the help desk that the incident is resolved.
For more information about resolving incidents, see Closing Related Incident and Problems Records.
To resolve incident records
- Navigate to the Service Requests screen > Service Requests - HelpDesk view.
- In the Service Requests - HelpDesk list, select the SR you want to resolve.
- In the Status field, select the appropriate description, for example Closed.
- In the Substatus field, select the appropriate description, for example Resolved.