Siebel Hospitality Guide > Using the Function Space Diary > Function Space Diary Overview >
Using the Information Display Controls in the Function Space Diary
Users can change the way that information appears in the Function Space Diary using various controls.
The date displayed in the Start Date field is the date to which the information currently displayed in the diary relates. Users can enter new dates in the Start Date field to change the day for which information is displayed in the diary.
To change the date displayed in the Function Space Diary
- Click the calendar select button to choose the start day for the diary.
- Click Go when you have selected a date.
The Function Space Diary refreshes to display the specified date.
The Time Scale option allows users to change the time intervals displayed in the diary views. Users can display the selected date in quarter-hour intervals, hour intervals, and so on.
To select the Time Scale option in the Function Space Diary
This option allows users to change the information included in the function summary ToolTips. For example, an event operations associate might be interested in the setup styles, while a chef might be more interested in the meal periods. A revenue manager might want to view the function types.
To change the information displayed in the function summary ToolTips
- Select an option from the Display drop-down list, and then click Go to show different information as labels on the booking indicator bars.
Display options include:
- Functions Name
- Function Type
- Business Type
- Meal Period
- Quote Name
- Setup Style
- Event Manager
- Sales Manager
- Function Type/Business Type
- Event Manager/Sales Manager
- Quote Name/Function Name
- Function Status/Meal Period
When users change the display option, all of the bookings show the label that they selected. For example, if a user selects setup style, then all the bookings appear with the setup style information. The previous display label becomes part of the information included in the ToolTip.
NOTE: You can change the abbreviated text displayed in the function summary ToolTips by editing the attributes in the Property Administration > Abbreviations screen. For example, adding a display option called Function Type/Number of Attendees might use the following abbreviation for a wedding with 200 attendees, set up with round tables: WED/200/RNDS.
Turn Times Flag
When the Turn Times flag is selected, the setup and tear-down times are displayed using the pattern set up by the administrator.
Config Space Pattern Flag
When the Config Space Pattern flag is selected, booked spaces that are configured spaces are distinguished by a diagonal pattern.
NOTE: It is recommended to use different patterns for the Config Space Pattern flag and the Turn Times flag, because both items can be checked at the same time.
Expand All and Collapse All Buttons
Use the Expand All and Collapse All buttons to show and hide data in the Function Space Diary.
- Expand All. Users can view the entire hierarchy of categories and each category's specific space.
- Collapse All. Users can view overflow bookings, like category bookings that could not be temporarily assigned or options on categories and overbookings on categories, and then reassign the bookings. The overflow bookings can then be positioned against an unassigned category or specific space.
Click this button to assign category bookings to specific space bookings.
See Assigning Category Bookings for more information.
Users can view notes for the day to understand availability in the context of any special comments or special dates.
Click this button to view all notes for the day.
NOTE: The dates/notes that are displayed in the dialog box when a user clicks this button are restricted to only those dates/notes that correspond to days that the user sees in the diary.
There are four paging buttons that users can use to navigate within the Function Space Diary views: Previous column set, Previous column, Next column, and Next column set. These buttons are located in the upper-right corner of each diary view.
Using the paging buttons, users can navigate through the Function Space Diary to reach any required date and time period, moving one week back or one week forward.
The following procedure describes how to navigate within a time range, using the paging buttons.
To move forward and backward within the Function Space Diary time range
- Navigate to the Function Space Diary screen.
- Select a property and date for which you have a record.
Choose an appropriate time scale from the Time Scale drop-down list (for example, Week/Day) and then click the Go button.
- The Function Space Diary displays your selected date as the first date in the view.
- You can now move backward and forward in the diary using the paging buttons.
The paging buttons are:
- Next column. Use this button to move forward one day at a time.
- Previous column. Use this button to move backward one day at a time.
- Next column set. Use this button to move forward one week at a time. For example, if the chosen date was Sunday October 10, 2004, when you click the Next column set button, the diary moves forward one week to display Sunday October 17, 2004.
- Previous column set. To move backward one week, click the Previous column set button.
Navigation for Month/Day-of-Week Option
When the Month/Day-of-Week option is selected from the Time Scale drop-down list, the information in the diary view changes to display instances of that particular weekday. This change in the diary view alters slightly alters the behavior of the Paging buttons.
For example, if a user selects October 18, 2009, four instances of Sunday are displayed in the diary view, October 18, October 25, November 1, and November 8.
- When the user clicks the Next column button, the view changes to display four instances of Monday, starting with October 19.
- When the user clicks the Previous column button, the four instances of Sunday appear again.
- When the user clicks the Next column set, the diary advances one week to display the next appropriate weekday. The diary displays October 25, November 1, November 8, and November 15.
- When the user clicks the Previous column set button, the diary moves backward one week to again display the previous four instances of Sunday, starting with October 18.