Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Function Spaces, Sleeping Rooms, and Suites >
Creating Configured Specific Space
Configured space represents groupings of indivisible space components. Examples are ballrooms, banquet rooms, and large salons. The components of a configured space must be physically contiguous, sharing at least one wall.
Before you can create configured space, you must create a number of indivisible spaces as described in Creating Indivisible Specific Space.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Function Spaces, Sleeping Rooms, and Suites.
To create configured specific space
- Navigate to the Property Administration screen > Properties list view.
- In the Properties list, query for the required property.
- Click the link in the Property Name field, and then click the Specific Space view tab.
- In the Specific Space list, create a new record, and complete the fields.
NOTE: The specific space type remains indivisible (default), until you add components. After you add specific space components, the Type field is automatically updated to Configured.
- In the Components list, click New, select an indivisible space, and then click OK.
NOTE: You cannot associate a specific space with itself from the dialog box. Also, a specific space can only be added once to a configured space. When you add a specific space, it is no longer available for selection in the Add Components dialog box.
Repeat this step to select additional components to the configured space. You should add at least two components for the space to truly be a configured space.