Siebel Hospitality Guide > Getting Started with Siebel Hospitality >
Hospitality Workflow Processes
The setup process includes activating a set of default workflows that are included in the Siebel Hospitality application. This process should be completed before the application becomes available to the user.
CAUTION: If this setup process is skipped, although much of the application is still operable, some functionality does not work properly. For example, Create Quote does not automatically generate quotes for the specified properties unless the workflow is active.
There are 13 workflow processes that need to be activated. These workflow processes help carry out some of the functionality behind the scenes. For more information about workflow processes, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide. The workflow processes are defined as follows:
- SHM Go to View. This workflow process allows navigation to a certain view. The workflow is not called directly; it is a subprocess that is called from other workflows.
- SHM Open Check. This workflow process checks if the selected order is associated with an event check. If not, it creates an event check with no line items.
- SHM Open Checks. This workflow is similar to the SHM Open Check workflow. It is called from the business service SHM Invoice Process, rather than directly.
- SHM Post Check. This workflow process checks whether or not the selected order is associated with an event check. If the order is associated with an event check, then it deletes the line items in that event check and creates new line items along with line items for each tax and service charge, and sets the event check status to Posted.
- SHM Post Checks. This workflow is similar to SHM Post Check. It is called from the business service SHM Invoice Process, rather than directly.
- SHM Trial Check. This workflow is similar to SHM Post Check, except that the Event Check status is set to Trial. It is called directly.
- SHM Voiding Process. This workflow is called when the event check status is changed to Voided. It creates a new event check with a status of Open and associates the check with the order.
- TNT SHM Create Order. This workflow process creates a primary order for the selected quote and associates all quote functions to this order. In addition, all quote function line items are copied to order line items. The transformation from quote to order is performed by the Data Transfer Utilities (DTU), which are dynamically configured in the UI.
- TNT SHM Create Quote. This workflow process creates a quote for the property associated with an opportunity and selected by the user. Agenda Functions, Room Blocks, and other objects are copied to the quote, and the process also invokes the Function Space Inventory (FSI) engine to find a function space that best meets the attributes of each function. In addition, the quote's total price and expected revenue are calculated during this process. The transformation from quote to order is performed by the Data Transfer Utilities (DTU), which are dynamically configured in the UI.
- TNT SHM Optioned Booking Expiry. This workflow sends an email to the owner of an Option Reserved booking to accept the booking. If the booking is not accepted within a predefined time frame, the workflow changes the status of the booking to Unreserved.
- TNT SHM Release Inventory in Quote Prospect Status. This workflow, after a predefined amount of time passes, checks the Status field on the quote record. If the Status field value is still Prospect, the workflow process automatically updates the Inventory Status to Unreserved for both Functions and Sleeping Rooms associated to the quote. The inventory is released. However, the Status field for the Functions and Sleeping Rooms remains Prospect.
- TNT SHM Update Quote Status-Date Based. When the Decision Date field is completed in the quote, the second background process begins. When the Decision Date passes, and the quote status has not changed to Definite, the system automatically releases all inventory. This inventory includes Function Space Inventory and Room Block Inventory.
- TNT SHM Update Quote Status-Time Based. This workflow checks if the quote status is T1 after a predefined amount of time passes. If the status is T1, the system automatically releases the inventory.