Siebel Hospitality Guide > Working with Inventory > Management of Functions at the Quote Stage >
Canceling a Function
If plans change and an event no longer includes a particular function, an event manager can cancel the function using the Function screen's More Info view or from the Quotes screen's Functions list.
Canceling the function automatically releases single asset bookings for the function, critical and noncritical assets, as well as other inventory such as the function spaces. If an asset is double-booked, the second request for the asset remains in the system but does not automatically convert to a regular booking. The record for a canceled function remains in the system along with its line item, but the function is not included on a Schedule of Events (SOE), and its line items do not appear on an invoice.
To cancel a function
- Navigate to the Quotes screen > Opportunities List view.
- In the Quotes list, query for and select the required quote record.
- In the Quote record, click the link in the Quote Name field.
- In the Functions list, select the required function, click the menu button, and then click Cancel Function.
The function status is changed to Cancel and the inventory associated with the function is released.
- Enter the reason for the function cancellation, and save the record.
NOTE: The Cancel Function option cancels both parent functions and subfunctions. It also cancels both primary and backup function spaces.