Siebel Hospitality Guide > Working with Inventory > Management of Functions at the Quote Stage >
Assigning a Function to a Specific Space
Users can assign a function to a specific space using the Quotes screen's Functions > Function Space view. When the function is being assigned to a specific space, the system checks any values that are entered for Feature, Suite, Room Area, Setup Style, and Expected Attendees. The specific space within the selected category, which meets the requirements, is selected for the function.
To assign a function to a specific space
- Navigate to the Quotes screen > List view.
- In the Quotes list, query for the quote record.
- In the Quote record, click the link in the Name field.
- In the Functions list, query for the function record.
- Click the Function Space view tab.
- Create or select a function space record, choosing a category as the function space value.
- Reserve the function space by clicking the Reserve button.
NOTE: If you do not reserve the function space, the Assign Specific Space option on the menu button remains unavailable.
- Click the menu button, and select Assign Specific Space.
- If a specific space that meets all the requirements is available, the category value changes to a specific space for the booking. The specific space selected will be one of the spaces belonging to the category.
- If no such specific space is currently available, the following message appears, and the function remains assigned to a category:
No specific space is available for assignment. This may be because of invalid function space/setup style combination, invalid function space/feature combination, authorization beyond capacity or function space effective dates.