Siebel Hospitality Guide > Working with Inventory > Management of Functions That Require Backup Space >
Switching to the Backup Space
Before the function begins, the event manager may decide to switch from the original function space to the backup space. This switch causes two booking-type changes:
- The booking type of the active booking space changes to Switched.
- The booking type of backup function space changes to Active.
When you switch the active and backup functions spaces, their booking types are updated accordingly, as is the pricing information for the function line items. Inventory for the previously active functions spaces is also released.
This task is a step in Management of Functions That Require Backup Space.
To switch to the backup space for a function space
- Navigate to the Quotes screen > Quotes List view.
- In the Quotes list, query for and select the quote.
- In the quote record, click the link in the Name field.
- In the Functions list, select the function.
- Scroll down, and click the Function Space view tab.
- In the Function Spaces list, select the primary function space, and click Switch.
A dialog box appears, prompting you to either Retain Rental or Clear Rental for the active function space.
- Click the appropriate button to make the switch you want:
- If you want to switch to the backup space and also retain room rental information for the primary function space, click Retain Rental.
- The Item name in the Line Items view remains the same as does the room rental information.
- The rental information for the backup space is not shown.
- If you want to switch to the backup space and also clear room rental information for the primary function space, click Clear Rental.
- The Item name in the Line Items view changes to the name of the backup space.
- The rental information for the backup space is shown.
After you click the choice you want, the booking type of all active function spaces changes to Switched, and the booking type of all backup function spaces changes to Active. Inventory for the previously active function spaces is released.
- Reserve function space inventory for the newly active function spaces by selecting the function space, and clicking Reserve.
NOTE: If you switch to the backup space, and the backup becomes the active space for this function, and has the Backup Required flag selected, then you cannot change the booking type of this space to Backup, because spaces that require backup cannot have a booking type of Backup.